Attorney Benjamin L. Gottlieb is a founding partner of MacQueen & Gottlieb, PLC. He earned his bachelor’s degree in finance from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University, with high honors. Following college, Benjamin went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, where he was a Pedrick Scholar and served as the managing editor of the Arizona State Law Journal. At law school, Benjamin was the recipient of the Outstanding Managing Editor award and published a law journal article on 2008-2009 Arizona Supreme Court opinions.
Benjamin is a seasoned trial attorney who has successfully handled hundreds of real estate, business, and commercial cases. Benjamin’s near-10 year legal career has been highlighted by numerous court victories and successful settlements for his clients. He carries an undefeated jury trial record. Benjamin’s most recent jury trial victory involved a medical-doctor-urgent-care owner who was sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars by his landlord. The jury returned a complete defense verdict and awarded the landlord nothing. Benjamin has gained national recognition as a ferociously skilled trial lawyer and is sought after by many clients to handle complex litigation cases. Benjamin has also successfully handled multiple appeals at the Arizona Court of Appeals. Despite his remarkable trial record, Benjamin works on behalf of his clients to achieve successful settlements, short of going to court or trial. In addition to his litigation practice, Benjamin has experience representing clients in sophisticated real estate transactions.
In his personal “free” time, Benjamin enjoys spending time with his wife and three boys.
Benjamin in the news:
- Arizona Foothills Magazine
- Arizona Jewish Life Magazine
- Arizona Attorney at Law Magazine
- Commercial Executive Magazine
- Jewish News
- Phoenix Business Journal
- Voyage Phoenix Magazine
Awards, distinctions, and representative experience
- #1 Ranked Real Estate Law Firm in Arizona by Ranking Arizona 2019; #3 in 2018
- Best Real Estate Law Firm 2019 by Arizona Foothills Magazine
- Admitted to practice in Arizona state and federal court
- Southwest Super Lawyer Rising Star (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Arizona Department of Real Estate-approved instructor on real estate law classes for continuing education credits
- Founder and Member of ASU Law Alumni Networking Group
- Member of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers
- Member of Maricopa Bar Association (MCBA)
- Member of Business Network Institute – Networking Goldminer’s
- Published law journal article “Benjamin Gottlieb, Election Law: A Discussion of the Arizona Supreme Court’s 2008-2009 Decisions, 42 Ariz. St. L.J. 563” (2010)
- Recipient of Outstanding Managing Editor Award, Arizona State Law Journal
- Arizona State Law School: J.D.
- Michigan State University: B.A., High Honors
What is one Magnificent & Great thing about you that people should know?
- In the third grade, I set a school record at my elementary school on a timed mental math test.