Attorney Benjamin L. Gottlieb is a founding partner of MacQueen & Gottlieb, PLC. He earned his bachelor’s degree in finance from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University, with high honors. Following college, Benjamin went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, where he was a Pedrick Scholar and served as the managing editor of the Arizona State Law Journal. In the latter capacity, Benjamin was the recipient of the Outstanding Managing Editor award.
After gaining several years of legal experience at both large and small law firms, Benjamin formed his own firm with partner Patrick MacQueen. He felt there was a better way to deliver legal services, which combined the use of technology, state-of-the-art legal software, and outside-the-box thinking to provide the best client experience and results possible.
Benjamin has extensive experience in real estate and civil litigation, as well as corporate and transactional law. As a litigator, in just the past two years, he achieved the following: prevailed in a 3-day jury trial involving a hotly disputed landlord-tenant dispute, where his clients were awarded 100% of their attorneys’ fees and costs; prevailed in a 3-day jury trial involving a quiet title dispute, in which his clients were again awarded attorneys’ fees and costs; successfully handled a 2-day bench trial for clients who were awarded significant compensation for a private taking of an easement; and prevailed on an appeal at the Arizona Court of Appeals, affirming a trial verdict obtained in a landlord-tenant case.
Benjamin has also served as lead counsel in the following:
- Major residential flooding litigation:
- Complex litigation involving a homeowners’ association in Prescott, AZ
- Easement/private condemnation litigation concerning homes in Cave Creek
- Commercial landlord-tenant litigation on behalf of the owner of an urgent care facility.
Awards, distinctions, and representative experience
- Member of Maricopa Bar Association (MCBA)
- Admitted to practice in Arizona state and federal court
- Southwest Super Lawyer Rising Star (2017)
- First chaired and prevailed in multiple jury trials in Maricopa County Superior Court
- Affirmed jury trial verdict at appellate court: Stefanovich v. Anderson, No. 1 CA-CV 15-0567, 2016 WL 5845631 (Ariz. Ct. App. Oct. 6, 2016)
- Recipient of Outstanding Managing Editor Award while serving on Arizona State Law Journal
- Published law journal article “Benjamin Gottlieb, Election Law: A Discussion of the Arizona Supreme Court’s 2008-2009 Decisions, 42 Ariz. St. L.J. 563” (2010)
- ADRE-approved instructor: Real Estate Legal Issues
- Member of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers
- Arizona State Law School: J.D.
- Michigan State University: B.A.