Christopher J. Zarda – Director of Complex Litigation
Christopher J. Zarda is an attorney with MacQueen & Gottlieb. He comes to the firm from the Phoenix office of Foran Glennon Palandech Ponzi and Rudloff, PC, where he primarily represented insurance companies against bad faith claims. He began his legal career with Kansas City litigation firms, and prior to relocating to the Phoenix area was general counsel of Affinity Worldwide, a consortium of real estate investment and service entities, including a captive insurer and related claims company. In that capacity he oversaw and managed litigation in multiple jurisdictions as well as maintaining a strong transactional practice. Chris brings more than 10 years’ experience in commercial and business litigation, real estate and construction law, and insurance coverage representation to the firm.
He is a 2007 graduate of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, where he received a legal emphasis in Business and Entrepreneurial Law and was named to the Dean’s List multiple times. He also participated in the Entrepreneurial Law and Practice Clinic; and externed with the University of Kansas’ Office of Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property.
Awards, distinctions and representative experience
- Selected to be a member of the Horace Rumpole Inn of Court
- Selected by Super Lawyers Kansas and Missouri as a Rising Star in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Licensed to practice in the state courts of Arizona, Kansas and Missouri, and the federal
courts of the U.S. Districts of Arizona, Kansas, Western Missouri and Eastern Missouri
- Served as the project leader of numerous updates to the seminal real estate legal
treatise Friedman on Leases
- 2007 graduate of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- Bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Kansas
What is one Magnificent & Great thing about you that people should know?
- I took a year off from college to help open a family BBQ restaurant, a restaurant that has recently been voted as having Kansas City’s #1 burnt ends.