John J. Halk – Attorney
John J. Halk joined M&G from BrownǀOlcott, PLLC where he was a litigator, trying cases in both Justice and Superior Courts in the areas of breach of contract, foreclosure, bankruptcy, and collections.
He earned his Juris Doctorate from the Phoenix School of Law in 2014, where he received the CALI Award for Estate Planning and had the highest grade in his class and made the Dean’s List in 2014. He earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Arizona State University, where he also earned recognition on the Dean’s List and served on the ASU Student Council as President of Events for the 2009-10 school year. He also holds an Associate in Arts degree with honors from Mesa Community College.
During law school he served clerkships at the Kelly Law Team, the Tempe Civil Prosecutor’s office and Kent Law, as well as an internship at the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office. He is heavily involved in the community and volunteers with Community Legal Services, Wills for Heroes, Community Legal Services Landlord-Tenant Clinic, and as a judge for the Arizona High School Mock Trial Competition, among others, among others.
Awards, distinctions and representative experience
- Arizona Summit Law School: Dean’s List 2014
- Arizona State University: Dean’s List 2010
- ASU Student Council: President of Events, 2009-10
- Volunteer with Maricopa County Bar Association Consumer Debt and Financial Distress Clinic; Wills for Heroes; ABC 15’s Let Joe Know Ask a Lawyer phone bank; and the Community Legal Services Landlord Tenant Clinic
- Phoenix School of Law; Juris Doctorate 2014
- Arizona State University, College of Fine Arts; Bachelor of Fine Arts 2010
- CALI Award for Estate Planning; highest grade in his class
What is one Magnificent & Great thing about you that people should know?
I completed a 30-mile Spartan Ultra race in Breckenridge, CO