Nicholas Spear – Law Clerk
Nicholas Spear is MacQueen & Gottlieb’s summer law clerk for 2019. He is a juris doctor candidate in the class of 2020 in the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
Nicholas is an associate editor of the ASU Sports & Entertainment Law Journal and is an O’Connor Merit Scholar recipient. His activities include being the Vice President of Student Leadership for the ASU Student Bar Association, as well as a second-year law school class representative. Additionally, he has served as a class representative and vice president for ASU Sports Law & Business club.
Prior to law school Spear earned his bachelor of science degree in Policy, Planning and Development with an emphasis on real estate development from the University of Southern California in 2017. Prior to transferring to USC, he spent a year at Pepperdine University.
Awards, distinctions and representative experience
- Associate editor, Arizona State University Sports & Entertainment Law Journal
- Sandra Day O’Connor Merit Scholar recipient
- Vice President of Student Leadership for the ASU Student Bar Association
- Class representative and vice president for ASU Sports Law & Business club
- Founded his own golf agency, Leading Edge Sports, which represents and consults with professional golfers
- University of Southern California: bachelor of science, Policy, Planning and Development with an emphasis on real estate development, 2017
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law: Juris doctor candidate 2020
What is one Magnificent & Great thing about you that people should know?
- As a senior in high school, I made my first hole-in-one in my last round of high school golf. It happened to be in my school’s CIF competition, where we won for the first time in 49 years.