Attorney Patrick R. MacQueen is a founder of MacQueen & Gottlieb, PLC. He graduated with honors from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University with a bachelor’s degree in finance. He then moved on to the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, where he was number 1 in his class.
Patrick’s legal career has been highlighted by work primarily in the areas of real estate transactional law and real estate litigation. He recently prevailed in several Arizona Court of Appeals matters and one with the Arizona Supreme Court and served as local counsel in the $129 million acquisition of the City North development adjacent to Desert Ridge Marketplace in North Phoenix. He negotiated loan documents for the refinance of a $3 billion casino loan and has played a part in commercial real estate deals in all states, except South Carolina.
Patrick moved to Phoenix after law school and began practicing in 2006 at Lewis & Roca as an associate. He moved to a real estate boutique law firm in 2010 and was there until 2013 when he took a position as in-house counsel for one of North America’s largest land developers. Patrick is also admitted to practice law in both Arizona and Michigan. Patrick was selected as a Top 100 Lawyer in Arizona in 2019.
Patrick in the news
- Arizona Foothills Magazine
- ABC15 News
- Ahwatukee Foothills News
- Arizona Attorney at Law Magazine
- Arizona Business Magazine
https://azbigmedia.com/publications/azbusiness-march-april-2020/ (see digital page 46)
- AZ Business Leaders 2020
https://azbigmedia.com/publication/azbusiness-leaders/ (Page 132 and 133)
- AZCentral News
- Channel 3 (Arizona’s Family – KTVK) & Channel 5 (CBS; KPHO)
- Commercial Executive Magazine
https://cem-az.com/issue-6-2019/ (Page 8 & 9)
- Phoenix Business Journal
- People to Know
(feature article on Patrick MacQueen on page 12)
- Real Estate Agent Magazine Phoenix
- Voyage Phoenix Magazine
Awards, distinctions, and representative experience
- #1 Ranked Real Estate Law Firm in Arizona by Ranking Arizona (2019 & 2020); #3 in 2018
- Best Lawyers in America© 2021; Highlights the top 6% of private practicing attorneys in the US.
- Best Real Estate Law Firm 2019 & 2020 by Arizona Foothills Magazine
- Admitted to practice in Arizona and Michigan
- Ahwatukee Chamber Foundation, Vice President
- Admitted in Arizona State and Federal Court and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Arizona Depart of Real Estate (ADRE) approved instructor:
- Agency Law, Commissioner’s Standards, Contract Law, Disclosures, Fair Housing Issues, General Real Estate, Real Estate Legal Issues
- Board of Directors for Wings for Warriors
- Competitive amateur golfer maintaining “scratch” handicap
- Graduated number one in law school class
- Member of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers
- Member of Business Network Institute – Ahwatukee Sharks, positions held; President, Membership Committee and Events Chairman
- Nominee for the Phoenix Business Journal’s prestigious 40 under 40 designations
- People to Know – Selected as one of the “People to Know in Commercial Real Estate Professionals” for 2020. People & Projects to Know (PTK) is an annual magazine that spotlights Arizona’s most influential commercial real estate professionals and the projects that define the landscape.
- Recommended adviser in Arizona for 2019 by Real Estate Law Experts – The International Guide to Leading Real Estate Lawyers – by invitation only
- Southwest Super Lawyer Rising Star: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 in the real estate category
- Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona in 2019, 2020 and 2021 by AZ Business Magazine. The prestigious group is chosen by AZ Business magazine’s editorial team in collaboration with industry experts. The attorneys were selected from a pool of more than 2,000 of the state’s most talented and successful attorneys. Selections are based on each lawyer’s professional success and ratings, impact on his or her law firm, impact on the communities she/he serves and impact on the legal profession.
- Recipient of America’s Top 100 Attorneys Lifetime Achievement Award – less than one-half percent (0.5%) of active attorneys in the United States will receive this honor.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law: J.D. Magna Cum Laude
- Michigan State University: B.A. with Honors
What is one Magnificent & Great thing about you that people should know?
- I am a strong supporter of young entrepreneurs and participate in a “Shark-Tank” style program to assist young entrepreneurs bring their business goals to fruition.