Attorney Patrick R. MacQueen is a founder and named partner in MacQueen & Gottlieb, PLC. He graduated with honors from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University with a bachelor’s degree in finance. He then moved on to the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, where he was number 1 in his class.
Patrick’s 14-year legal career has been highlighted by work primarily in the areas of real estate transactional law and real estate litigation. He recently prevailed in several Arizona Court of Appeals matters and one with the Arizona Supreme Court, and served as local counsel in the $129 million acquisition of the City North development adjacent to Desert Ridge Marketplace in North Phoenix.
Patrick moved to Phoenix after law school and began practicing in 2006 at Lewis & Roca as an associate. He moved to Mack, Drucker & Watson in 2009 and was there until 2013 when he took a position as in-house counsel for one of North America’s largest land developers. Patrick is also admitted to practice law in both Arizona and Michigan.
He was selected to the Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for the seventh consecutive year in 2018. This prestigious designation is given to no more than the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in any given practice area. The selections, made by the research team at Super Lawyers, is based on peer nominations and, as such, is one of the most coveted designations in the legal profession. He also was a nominee for the Phoenix Business Journal’s prestigious 40 under 40 designations in 2017. Patrick is also an approved instructor for the Arizona Department of Real Estate.
Awards, distinctions, and representative experience
- Selected as AZ Business Magazine’s Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona in 2019. The prestigious group is chosen by AZ Business magazine’s editorial team in collaboration with industry experts. The attorneys were selected from a pool of more than 2,000 of the state’s most talented and successful attorneys. Selections are based on each lawyer’s professional success and ratings, impact on his or her law firm, impact on the communities she/he serves and impact on the legal profession.
- Selected as recommended adviser in Arizona for 2019 by Real Estate Law Experts – The International Guide To Leading Real Estate Lawyers – by invitation only
- Southwest Super Lawyer Rising Star: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 in the real estate category
- Admitted to practice in Arizona and Michigan
- Competitive amateur golfer maintaining “scratch” handicap
- Graduated number one in law school class
- ADRE-approved instructor: Agency Law, Commissioner’s Standards, Contract Law, Disclosures, Fair Housing Issues, General Real Estate, Real Estate Legal Issues
- Member of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law: J.D. Magna Cum Laude
- Michigan State University: B.A. with Honors
What is one Magnificent & Great thing about you that people should know?
- I was almost abducted in 2nd grade and its memory allowed me to focus and get a double eagle in golf later in life.