Robert P. Rutila – Of Counsel
Robert P. Rutila is an of counsel attorney with MacQueen & Gottlieb. Rutila practices primarily in the areas of real estate and construction law as well as corporate law and litigation. He is admitted to practice law in both Arizona and California.
Robert comes to M&G from Carson Messinger, PLLC in Phoenix where his practiced involved primarily litigation, construction, real estate, corporate and business law. Prior to that he was Senior Counsel at the 33-attorney firm Ridenour, Hienton & Lewis, PLLC where he focused on financial, construction and commercial litigation law. He also has worked at several other firms in Phoenix including: Buchalter Nemer, PLLC in Scottsdale; Holden Brodman, PLC in Phoenix; and Kabateck Brown Kellner LLP.
He earned his Juris Doctor from the Santa Clara University School of Law with an International Law Certificate of Specialization in 1998. His concentrations were in international law, business and intellectual property. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Michigan-Ann Arborin 1994 and studied at Oxford University in Oxford, England as part of a 1996 summer tutorial on comparative constitutional law in the US and UK.
Awards, distinctions and representative experience
- Received the American Jurisprudence Award for Constitutional Law
- Member of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Society
- Campaign Strategist for The Committee to Elect Bob Anderson to the Michigan House of
- Staff on The Committee to Re-elect Sen. Carl Levin to the United States Senate
- Santa Clara University School of Law: Juris Doctor with concentrations in International
Law, Business and Intellectual Property, 1998
- Oxford University, Oxford, England: Summer tutorial concentrating on comparative
constitutional law in the United States and United Kingdom, 1996
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 1994