Born and raised in Arizona, Rob has spent most of his professional career in real estate development, investments, and business operations. He focuses on assisting businesses and individuals to resolve contract and property disputes, business negotiations, consulting and advising operations, from a business perspective, not just from a legal perspective.
Prior to joining M&G in 2021, Northrop practiced in the areas of commercial and civil litigation representing plaintiffs and defendants in Arizona State and Federal Courts in matters varying from breach of contract and business disputes, commercial torts, fraud, HOA and landlord tenant laws, excess proceeds, alternative dispute resolution, and real estate transactions. He also represented parties in Bankruptcy Court handling debtors’ rights, creditors’ rights, adversary proceedings, and claim objections.
Outside of his legal expertise, Northrop also managed an Arizona & Texas based real estate development conglomerate having a portfolio valuation of $300 Million through approximately 50 single asset entities. Projects consisted of master plans, commercial, office, retail, multi-family and mixed-use.
Northrop earned his Juris Doctor from Arizona Summit Law School and graduated in the Top 20% of his class. While attending law school, he received the Castro Scholarship and was the recipient of the CALI AWARD in Advanced Property.
He completed his undergraduate studies with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from Arizona State University.
- All Arizona State Courts
- U.S. District Court; District of Arizona
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
Rob in the News:
- Arizona Attorney Magazine
Awards, Distinctions, and Representative Experience
- American Inns of Court | 2017 – 2017
- American, Maricopa County and Scottsdale Bar Associations | 2016 – 2017
- America Mock Trial Association – Judge; Regional Competition | 2017-Present
- Arizona Association for Justice/Trial Lawyers Association | 2016 – Present
- Arizona Association of Realtors – Mediator/Arbitrator; | 2012 – Present
- Arizona Association of Realtors – Professional Standards Committee; Vice-Chair – 2018; Chair – 2019
- Arizona High School Mock Trial Program – Judge; Regional & State Competitions | 2017-Present
- Arizona State Bar Professionalism Advisory Council | 2020-2023
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona – Volunteer/Mentor | 2009-2012
- National Association of Realtors, Arizona and Scottsdale Chapters | 2011 – Present
- Southwest Super Lawyer Rising Star: 2020 & 2021
- Urban Land Institute – Young Leaders; Membership Committee; Urban Plan (2010) | 2009-2012
- We the People…The Citizen and the Constitution – Arizona State Competition Judge | 2018
- Arizona State University: Bachelor of Arts in Communications
- Arizona Summit Law School: Juris Doctor – Ranked in Top 20%
What is one Magnificent & Great thing about you that people should know?
- In 2007, a friend and I went off-roading in the Rio Verde area and came across a 15-year-old boy with 2 broken wrists and severe arm damage, lying next to his dirt bike all alone. We loaded him up and drove for miles until we could get phone reception. He was air-vacced out. They say we saved his life!